Wednesday 28 December 2016

Here doggie, good doggie.....

Hi all

The Silvermoon Trade Syndicate  have their collective fingers in many pies, from import/export (both legal and illegal) to opium dens, to prostitution and a multitude of illicit activities including gambling!  One of the many places that the shadier Jwar citizens can gamble at are the fighting pits, where giant Butos clash in titanic struggles, gladiators of all shapes and sizes can find glory in front of a baying crowd.  Of course there are various different types of fighting pits from the more luxurious special built arenas to the most seedy back streets in Jima town.  This is where you'll find the animal fights. 

****quick disclaimer - I vehemently oppose organised animal fights/blood sports of all kinds, i find them abhorent and do not support them in any way, humans have choice  (most of the time) and can do what they like but animals do not!!****

Anyway for Xmas, for my STS faction I received  some "Pit Dogs" here is the blurb from GCT Studios...

The mongrel pit dogs of Jima’s fighting pits are bred for their ferocity and savage nature from pups, with only the most aggressive and vicious surviving. Harshly trained and conditioned into living weapons, used to create spectacle and serve as guard dogs for the Oyabun and high ranking members of the Gumis. The Iron Fist’s trainer able to guide these hounds with the crack of a whip to wreak havoc amongst their terrified victims.  

I wanted them for their ability to run interference for my other fighters.  They are relatively quick - ignoring terrain, tough and cause fear if they initiate melee.  Not the best fighters but tenacious and when combined with some future faction fighters, particularly the animal trainers that arrived over the holiday period (that will include my birthday too) they should prove to be quite the handful.  At only 3 rice each and with a dual track I intend to take both if I can, when I can.  



From a painting point of view they were fairly simple, a little Vallejo "Chocolate brown" and white and its all done.





I'm so excited about the imminent arrival of the rest of the faction, we've got Oyabuns, Sumo/Butos, street urchins, leopards, repeating crossbows and fighting chickens!! 

hope you enjoy
dGG




27 comments:

  1. Great stuff Andy. They look suitably mean and ferocious!! Nice work on the bases too my friend. I'm really looking forward to seeing some more stunning "Bushido" posts in the New Year, and have even picked up some suitable scenery from Dave Stone with which to try and scratch the itch you keep causing me to have ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah Simon, there are some crackers to follow a nice mix of villains and animals :-)
      I hope you'll be showing off said purchases as and when you finish them?

      Delete
    2. I'll definitely be posting up the minis and scenery items Andy, if I can get round to painting them, as the minis are still just primed, so eligible for the Analogue Hobbies Painting Challenge. Time will tell...

      Delete
    3. Look forward to it then mate :-)

      Delete
  2. Wonderful and most impressive dogs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really nice dogs Andy, lot's of character in the painting

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dave, I'm please with the way they came out particularly the white and tan one.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. I was going to call this post "The Mutt's Nuts" but thought better of it.......oops!

      Delete
  5. Smashing! Good to see some doggies getting attention.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Plenty of animals to come from this exotic faction Clint

      Delete
  6. I love the dog with the bone in its mouth. The beauty of these figures is that they are so universal you could use them in almost any setting or genre. Oh, and I enjoyed seeing the Dredd figures in the background. I'm also curious to know who the red-haired woman to the far left is. I don't recognise her at all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Bryan, these dogs can be easily used for ATZ, JDMG any sci-fi settings, 7TV2 all sorts of genres.

      Yes mate, Dredd is still getting attention although I do want to get the STS Bushido faction complete before a tournament I'm attending in March, so they're on a slow burn.

      The woman is a zombie from the Wargames Factory - Vixens box set and has been on my paint table for about 2 years (just never in shot!) ah well maybe next Zombtober.....

      Delete
  7. Lovely figs...lovely paint jobs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These look like they could really be a pain in the...

    ...ankle ?

    Great job on these excellent sculpts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think so Joe, ferocious little mutts :-)

      Delete
  9. very fiendish. Lovely sculpts and really nicely painted.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the doggies, but they should be border collies!!

    (I have two, if that explains the above comment).

    Cheers Roger.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I do like these, I think pets and animal monsters, npc`s and devilish fiends/fighters in games are always a great addition to a table. Beautifully painted these ones Andy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Loads more animals to come Steve, fighting weasel, chicken and more!

      Delete