Friday 27 January 2017

Tweak Off.....

Hi all

erm.....sorry about the title of the post.... I blame Dave Stone, after all my suggestion was simply that we should compare the various paint jobs of Tweak, a character from the pages of 2000AD, by Simon (Blaxcleric), Bryan (Vampifan), myself and Dave - who sculpted the figure.  Dave was kind enough to gift each of us with a copy of the enigmatic Tweak, who joined Judge Dredd in his trek across the Cursed Earth.  I did have a load of blurb prepared from Wikipedia but Bryan beat me to the punch so here's a link to his excellent article instead here.

So it was my idea to compare each of our paint jobs of the same sculpt for fun, Dave named it a "Tweak off!"  Bryan has displayed his version and Dave's as Dave doesn't have a blog and you can find a link ***

Anyway here's my version.

I went with a Vallejo Saddle brown for the main body and mixed it with some GW Emperor's Children pink for his snout and hands, washed in Army Painter Strong tone and finished with yellow claws.





I have got another Dave Stone special to show but he'll have to stay under wraps until I finish him off.

hope you enjoy
dGG





27 comments:

  1. Really nice paint work on him Andy, this was great fun and glad you like him. What a tease in your last sentence ! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yup, as I said to you Dave nearly done but essays are getting in the way now :-(

      Delete
    2. Soon be finished Andy, Then you can get back to having fun

      Delete
    3. six months mate and I get my life back!

      Delete
    4. Worth it at the end though mate, upgrade for your job ?

      Delete
    5. yeah I go from EMT to paramedic - more skills, more money, more job security

      Delete
    6. That's awesome hope all goes well for you

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Cheers mate, I recently reread the progs online and there he was! Dave's sculpt is really cool

      Delete
  3. Nice. The joy of comparing the different styles of you and Simon. One of the best things about reading blogs is how you become familiar with different peoples styles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely Martin, you can recognise a blogger by their paint style, basing technique etc

      Delete
  4. Great work, Andy. I hope you had as much fun painting him as I did. As Dave suggested, we must do this again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i did have fun with him. most certainly have to do this again!

      Delete
  5. Brilliant job Andy. such a great fun miniature.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not my favourite character from the Dredd series, but he (it?) has c come out looking the part - job well done I'd say.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joe, he definitely looks the business

      Delete
  7. This is a really fun miniature! Nice job, but I was expecting some music to go along with the tweak off!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Excellent stuff, Andy. Its incredible how differently we've all interpreted the same character from a comic book. Looking forward to the next 'Tweak Off' ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Simon, it is strange isn't it! I'm looking forward to it too

      Delete
  9. I do recall the 2000Ad character but he was never a character I liked.
    But the pint job has come out very well and he does look very good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Clint, I think Tweak is a bit marmite. Some people love him, others don't, but Dave's miniature is cracking anyway!

      Delete
  10. Very nice work mate. Not heard of this guy before you and Bryan posted about him. Good luck with the studying etc :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sadly, I have no prior knowledge of Tweak or his exploits. I do like what you've done with the miniature. Great job.

    ReplyDelete